At Clayton Behavioral, we understand the benefit of medication-assisted treatment. Buprenorphine (suboxone) treatment is recommended by the American Society of Addiction Medicine and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Adminstration guidelines.
Is Suboxone Maintenance Right for Me?
Suboxone maintenance is for individuals desiring recovery from opiate addition. This could include initial stages of detox from opiates such as heroin or pain medication. This could also include individuals in long-term recovery utilizing medication-assisted treatment.
What is suboxone?
Buprenorphine is the primary active ingredient in SUBOXONE Films. By attaching to the same receptors as other opioids, it can help to suppress withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings. Naloxone is included to help prevent misuse. If you are dependent on a full opioid agonist and attempt to inject SUBOXONE Film, the naloxone is likely to cause withdrawal signs and symptoms.
Components of the program?
The components of the Suboxone Maintenance Program are:
- Screening and Assessment to make sure that the program is an appropriate form of treatment for you
- Monthly case management appointments
- Referrals for counseling, any needed laboratory testing or other services
- Monthly physician appointments to ensure continuation of your prescriptions
- Monthly consultation team meeting for your case manager to ensure that they are adhering to the model and delivering the best possible treatment for you